Dear friends, happy days to you.
I hope that my last story,about my adventures in the rugged North West of Australia,
wasn't too horrible......especially the bit about........
well......lets just not go there again......(cheeky grin).
Instead...I'd like to share another "fictional" story.
It's called "The Garden".
Thanks for reading............by the way......I still don't know how to use this "blog" sight properly...
so I don't know whether you can leave any comments or not......but you're very welcome to do so....if you'd like too.
Also according to my "stats"......there's only a few of us......
so I guess that makes these interactions quite personal.........I like that.
Man.....life is a real trip...isn't it.
Sometimes it seems so straight forward.....and yet the sensitivities of the human spirit contribute to make it so much more.
We can be so very beautiful and we can also be so tragic.
I don't have any answers...other than to suggest that we (you and I).....
just keep on trying to be kind and fair minded.
I would suggest that if YOU are beginning to enjoy reading my stuff....
then perhaps we are like minded in some ways.
Perhaps...if we find enough of us.....
we might even be able to make the world a kinder and nicer place.
Maybe...such inspiration....will encourage YOU to do something wonderful.
I don't know why...but sometimes I feel compelled to say something that just feels as though it needs to be said.....right at that moment.....
and right now...inexplicably I need to tell you that the terrible sadness that you might sometimes feel might never ever be able to be taken away from YOU.....but....but....but....
YOU can change the way that it affects you by using your experience and sorrow to help and to comfort others.
How beautiful a thought is it......to be able to take something awful,something unfair,
something heartbreaking,something terrible........
and to use it to create hope and understanding.
My friend.....WE are in this life together.....
please don't give up.
-->
THE
GARDEN
According to his name at least, Adolf
Epstein seemed like a cultural enigma but he sure knew how to grow beautiful
flowers.
Adolf
had spent much of his early childhood holding hands with his Grandparents
whilst strolling and talking with them, in their beautiful and fragrant garden.
With
the myriad of amazing colours and beautiful scents, the little garden had been
a wonderful classroom for Adolf's Grandparents to be able to teach him about
the unlimited potential that the miracle of humankind possessed.
These lessons were sometimes expressed
through the terrible but true stories that showed mankind's ability to nurture
fear into hatred and for them then to be able to transform that hatred into
horrible and evil acts of cruelty, violence and murder.
Adolf's
Grandparents had lived through just such an awful time in the worlds history
and the stories that they somberly related to him, were at times so terrible
and so shocking, that all three of them would hold hands and cry together.
However there is something magical about the
shedding of tears in a garden.
All of the
plants and flowers somehow seem to help to ease the pain.
However
not all of the stories were sad.
Some of them even taught Adolf
about the great beauty of the human spirit and of the inspirational qualities
and abilities that people have, to be able face hatred with love.
Adolf heard about
people who created just such beauty, in the face of terrible and heartbreaking chaos.
There
was music and songs that were written under the most fearful of circumstances.
Adolf
heard of acts of great bravery where people stood stoically and gracefully in
the path of shocking and vile brutality.
He
also heard about beautiful and inspiring works of art and literature that were
created under such similar and terrible circumstances.
All
the while, the colours and the smells of the beautiful little classroom garden
provided an overwhelming sense of safety and hope to both Adolf and his
Grandparents.
Perhaps
though, the single most important thing that Adolf remembered his loving and
kindly Grandparents teaching him, was that with a little effort and much love
and care, life for all people could grow and sometimes bloom and flourish like the
most breathtakingly beautiful flowers of all.
No comments:
Post a Comment