I've titled this little post.."the journey"....because I really do feel that our life is a journey,
from its beginning to its end......and with all that comes in between.
For thousands of years human beings have been seeking enlightenment.
It's a good word isn't it, enlightenment ??
According to the dictionary there are a few specific definitions for that word, none of which
quite resonate with how I like to use it......who says that WE can't sometimes slightly bend the rules of language to suit our purpose.
So with that said..enlightenment is for me....the gaining of knowledge and understanding in regard to the practical and the ethereal way in which we develop and evolve as human beings.
I like to think that I am definitely not the same person that I was twenty or even ten years ago.
The word wisdom comes to mind.
I like to think that perhaps I am wise enough to know that I don't know the answers to a whole lot of important questions.
It's interesting when this kind of wisdom exists simultaneously with any form of faith that WE might have.
How can we believe in something so strongly and yet at the same time gently know that we don't have the answers.
Some of us would say.....that we can't do that.....that one negates the other.
Maybe they're right.....but I would say....."I don't know how but I just choose to think this way".
The great beauty of what WE are doing now...is that WE are engaging in a peaceful dialogue.
WE..(you and I) might be in completely different parts of the world....
where we may live within very different social structures and beliefs.
Perhaps though....platforms like this one...allow us to find a gentle acceptance of each other.....
we may even....during our journey....come to find some understanding about each other.
Friends...there is so much trouble in our poor old world...isn't there...but this ability to communicate with each other, like this...regardless of whether we are in the Middle East....Australia..the U.S.A.
Great Britain, Asia......South America.....or maybe even the North Pole...............
gives us a chance to make peace with each other and to find our commonality as well as to be able to learn to tolerate and understand our differences........
Hey....I think it's time for one of my stories........
Thanks for reading and I'll catch you again real soon.
Spread the word....LOVE...from me..Big Bad Tim xxx
-->
After
another long hard day at work LOVE flopped down on the couch, put the mail on
the table, cracked open an ice cold drink and then said aloud "phew what a
day".
It
was exactly twenty three seconds after this that the telephone rang.
LOVE
put the drink down on the coffee table, stood up and walked over to the phone.
LOVE then picked up and answered
"You're on the love line spendin' your money not mine so say hello".
A breathy and
sexy voice replied "hello lover what ya doin'? " "LUST it's good
to hear from you but It's not a good time to catch up, I'm very busy
tonight" answered LOVE.
"Are you sure I can't tempt you?"
asked the sexy voice.
LOVE
laughed and said "ohh maybe some other time sweetheart".
Just then the doorbell rang.
LOVE spoke into the handset again “LUST I'm sorry but I have to go now
but you just remember how much happier you are when you practice all that FAITH
has taught you" and with that LOVE hung up the phone.
The
doorbell rang again.
"Coming"
yelled LOVE.
The
doorbell rang yet again and again and again.
LOVE hurried to the door and opened it.
IMPATIENCE stood on
the threshold looking about nervously and said "LOVE what took you so long
and where've you been I've been calling you all day".
LOVE
grinned and answered, "I’m sorry IMPATIENCE but as the saying goes…you
just can’t hurry LOVE.However rest assured that I will most certainly discuss
your situation with HOPE later on this evening so just have a little faith ”,
LOVE then quietly closed the door, turned around and went back to the
comfortable and inviting couch.
LOVE
picked up the drink, which was left sitting on the coffee table and drank
deeply.
Also on the
table, near where the drink had been, were the letters that LOVE had earlier
brought in from the letterbox. LOVE scanned the envelopes, there was a postcard
from HATE who was currently holidaying in a very troubled part of the world, there were three business letters
containing the usual scam investment offers from GREED and there was also a
hand written envelope which upon opening, contained a heartfelt apology for a
recent unhappy incident from SHAME.
LOVE
read the letter and smiled before deciding to get in touch with FORGIVENESS in
regard to the whole awful incident. LOVE and FORGIVENESS were very close friends
and they often needed each others assistance on all sorts of matters.
LOVE then looked at the clock and realized that
it was time to go. LOVE had promised to visit PRIDE who was now recovering in
hospital after a recent nasty fall, then later, LOVE had the regular weekly
meeting to attend with FAITH and HOPE.
For as you may be starting to
realise,
it is in fact FAITH, HOPE and LOVE that everyone depends upon.
No comments:
Post a Comment