Hello again dear friends,
I have no idea how to attract anyone to read my posts......so I understand that I may be well talking to myself and in all likelihood I probably am.
"Hoorah"...the freedom this inspires.
If ....YOU'RE.. not reading this, then I am in no fear of recrimination or embarrassment.
Now.... I don't feel so bad about what just happened.
You see....I've already written all of this....well something much like it....
and with my total lack of technological know how.....I accidentally deleted it all,
but considering the very real chance that you're not even here right now.....
I guess there's no harm done..."phew"....what a relief.
Perhaps that is a great example of the power of our perception and of our ability to change our minds about how we feel about things.
I would very much like to talk more about this sort thing.
The mystery of how we choose to think is a strange and powerful phenomenon.
However, we have plenty of time for that sort of thing.
In this early stage of our relationship I should tell you more about myself and who I am.
Although as is the way with most things in life,timing is very important.
I think that in the art of illusion,the magician often refers to the climax of the illusion as "the reveal".
The slow build up is very much a part of our appreciation of what is to come.
It is similar for the telling of a good story,so with this in mind I'll try not to get ahead of myself.
I just want to check to make sure that you're not actually here....just a moment.....
"hello....hello....is there anybody there" ?
No I don't think so............good.
I can now feel free to speak candidly about myself.
I think that perhaps I could refer to myself as a "beautiful disaster".
Hmmmm,what does that mean exactly ?
What picture did those two words paint for you ?
I battle drug and alcohol addictions and yet I have still somehow managed to have obtained a tiny little modicum of success.
However again I suppose that our perception is very much a part of what we choose to define as our success........don't you think ?
What is success ?
Are we talking about professional pursuits, the many many different sorts of personal pursuits or some other definition?
Gosh...it's lucky that you're not here to read this...or you'd probably have given up by now.
Later on,as we get to know each other better I'll tell you about some of my experiences.
I was hired and fired by American television giant N.B.C.
I was the Aussie guy who spoke to the American television audience every day during the
Sydney Olympic Games during the year 2000.
Oh...I forgot to tell you....I do a bit of voice over work....although it sounds better to refer to it as voice artistry.
I've also done a little tiny bit of acting.....nothing very significant though
and I have also worked as a radio broadcaster...........
not to mention earlier jobs in the retail trade.
I also met a real life Fairy once.
Yes, she's beautiful and she allowed me to assist her in her efforts to help some very sick children.
She raises much needed money and builds fragrant gardens in the grounds of hospitals around Australia.
She also helps the kids and their families as they face some heartbreaking times.
Her name is Fairy Sparkle and I'll tell you more about her later.
By the way....I've done some dreadful things in my life and I have had to learn to live with my own shame.
Some of these dreadful stories are also......I'm afraid to admit....riotously funny.
I'll share some of them with you later on...as well.
It's all about the "timing" remember.
Anyway...this is probably enough for now.
Even though you're probably not here.....I hope that you are.
I'll finish up with another one of my little tall tales and short stories.
I look forward to our next conversation.
BIG BOYS DON’T CRY
No comments:
Post a Comment